Friday, August 08, 2008

May the games begin!


Today we veered from the original plan and went to the Olympic Museum in Lausanne, Switzerland for the Opening Ceremonies of the Beijing 2008 Summer Olympics. I didn't get to see much of the Opening Ceremonies because I was outside with one of the kids, but at least I was at the museum for the opening... kind of special!









The torch for the Torino Olympics.

Inside the tent where people were viewing the Opening Ceremonies. I was there for a second but had to follow a kid out that was too hot. It was stifling I was glad to be sitting outside.


View from the terrace. Those are houses across the lake and a sail boat on the lake.



The sneaker that is just behind the shirt and the racket handle is signed by Michael Jordan.

I totally think that someday my bike will be here!

The US women's softball team signed this glove. I got scolded for taking pictures so no more after this one... who knew, there was no sign or nothing in the literature that I read. Oops!


A random stop in Montreux for the kids to do some shopping in 15 minutes. I took pictures and led three kids to the Migros store for a quick purchase!




No comments: