Friday, August 01, 2008

Sunset

I didn't think there was going to be pictures with today's update, but the sky tonight was amazing and I just had to share the pictures. Today, August 1, was a Swiss national holiday celebrating the formation of their country. The evening sky started the celebrations off and the night view made a perfect ending to a beautiful day. At around 10PM each town surrounding our mountain view set off fireworks in honor of the holiday. I have to say that it was one of the most amazing things I have ever witnessed. Perched in Caux I saw over 10 firework displays being set off simultaneously in all of the surrounding towns. I wish that my camera would have been able to capture the view. It will be etched in my memory for a long time to come.


These pictures are the sunset view from the front of the Chalet looking over Lake Geneva.





No comments: