Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Scarves for Clean Water in Africa

I've taken up arm-knitting to raise funds for my Mt. Kilimanjaro climb for a clean water well in a slum community of Arusha, Tanzania. There is a possibility that I pearled one time in the very distant past, but it never produced anything off of the needle. Arm-knitting is great because you are forced to finish the project, or be left with yarn hanging from your arm (which proves most awkward when trying to remove dinner from the oven, trust me, I've tried). 

On February 1, 2014 from 11am - 3pm, I'll be at Flying Fibers in Landisville selling scarves and offering arm-knitting lessons for $5 (remember to bring or purchase at Flying Fibers 2 skeins of #6 yarn). Email me with questions: michellegoesglobal@comcast.net




My inventory of scarves is constantly changing, but here are a few samples of the arm-knitted scarves. I'll post more pictures as I continue to create!










I tried something different with these two... 




No comments: