Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Travel to the Summit of Kilimanjaro with me

While on the mountain I was not able to get cell coverage, apparently I should have brought tinfoil to fashion a better antenna. Then when we returned to the lodge there was continual power issues, thus making wifi access a bit of a challenge. Needless to say, I didn't post after the few safari updates. I'm still amazed that I had access to wifi in the middle of Tanzania, oh the modern advances we have come to find necessary. 

So without further ado, I've created a bit of a video diary to chronicle our days on the mountain. There is so much photo and video footage that I could really make a documentary-length production. Bare that in mind when you watch this, because it really could have been a lot longer. I tried to give you a hint of the terrain and mileage covered each day. There is really no way to fully capture summit night, but I will attempt to put it into words and put that up here as well. 

We've also managed to get quite a bit of news coverage over the last two weeks. I've included links to the coverage by Fox News below. Get yourself some popcorn and sit back and enjoy a climb up Africa's tallest mountain! 





Fox 43 News segment with Pammi and Michelle

Jon Scott's account - video #1

Jon Scott's account - video #2

Jon Scott's account - Compassion


No comments: