Thursday, September 21, 2006

Life in St. Albain

Yesterday we took a trip to the neighboring town of Macon (about a 10min. drive) to do our grocery shopping. I must say that it was a much better situation than I expected. The grocery store was kind-of like a Super Walmart in that it had household goods (like clothing, tech. equip, office supplies, etc.) as well as the food sections. There are two other girls living in the house with me, so we went shopping for our meals for the next several days. When there are guests at the Chateau then we will eat with them, otherwise we are on our own for food. Our first meal together was parmesean crusted chicken breast with basil tomato sauce and pasta. Not too bad for a small stove and limited utensils. It really feels like college all over again!


Working at the Chateau
Today we worked around the Chateau getting the rooms ready for the guests this weekend. I worked with Henry vacuuming all of the rooms. Henry was a real pal and killed several large spiders as evidenced below.I'm telling you it was HUGE! With all of it's legs spread out it would have be bigger than my hand! That's no joke! I couldn't even watch as Henry saved me.

And I'd like you to meet Henry!


Here is another shot of the Chateau, and the rooms are scattered throughout this building and the one just so captured on the picture on the right. Just inside the door at the side of the main building in the center is where the prior incident went down.

Around town
A small alley just up the street from the Chateau.


Neighboring houses... notice shutters that actually are functional!

4 comments:

The Dellers said...

Aunt Michelle,

I am so proud of you, for taking on the big spider!! I helped mommy kill a cricket today in the basement!! Looks like you are having fun. We miss you!

Love ya,
Caleb

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
Dad and I were getting excited when you talked about Henry coming to your rescue by killing that bug, thinking he might be a big strapping man. You can imagine our shock to find a short fat one instead. Looking forward to more of your everyday adventures.
Love,
Dad and Mom

Anonymous said...

Michelle (notice I am being soooooo careful??)I love your blog info and pictures, all in true Michelle fashion. I was waiting for the "and then I fell off the bench I was trying to nap on!", but it seems you are able to keep your sense of balance across the pond! I'm sitting here crying and laughing about it all - Henry especially! Sorry I missed your send-off call, but Courtney gave me the message. Well, you are my hero! Keep us posted and all the events in France. It feels like we are all there with you!
Love you,
Pam and PC

Anonymous said...

i don't understand how you didn't watch while henry was assisting you...can you explain further?

i keep picking up my phone to call you, but then remembering your not here..sad:(

glad you're having a good time and were able to use some espanol!